Australian FMCG business incubator Seedlab has revealed its latest cohort of diverse and innovative startups for its progressive accelerator program, Cultivate.
The group’s accelerator program aims to help equip businesses with the tools to build strong foundations for nationwide expansion. Its progressive approach provides participants with intellectual support rather than capital and helps entrepreneurs grow at zero cost.
Dr Hazel MacTavish-West, founder and CEO of Seedlab Australia, said that this latest group has already produced retail-ready products, and the Seedlab Team will focus on upskilling the participants across various crucial processes.
“All these businesses have amazing potential to assert dominance in the FMCG industry and garner national presence,” said MacTavish-West.
Successful participants of Seedlab’s initial incubator program, Bootcamp, are selected to join the accelerator program, Cultivate after submitting a pitch video.
The Cultivate program provides businesses with an opportunity to present their brand and products to Woolworths supermarket category managers at the Seedlab Woolworths Expo.
“This is the first time that we’ve seen a cohort so far ahead of the game in terms of understanding and nailing their brand, identity, messaging, positioning, packaging and products from the beginning,” added MacTavish-West.
“The opportunity to facilitate learning and provide invaluable industry know-how for these businesses is what truly excites me.”
Seedlab Australia’s latest Cultivate participants include:
- Antibeauty: Nature and science-based vegan skincare products for individuals of all skin types (including those who suffer from complex skin conditions or are undergoing hormone treatments).
- Bask & Co: Gluten and refined sugar-free, vegan granola clusters and bars.
- Big Owl Foods: Organic plant-based burgers and sausages.
- Euclove: Natural cleaning and personal care products.
- Goodeau: Australia’s first waterless, powder-to-foam concentrates for hair and body.
- Gourmet Taste Creations: Hand-blended herb and spice blends, salts, peppers, dukkah, sugars, mustards and teas.
- GreenSky Organic: A daily dose of nourishing greens pod packed with vitamins and nutrients.
- Loka Foods: High protein, ultra low carb crackers and snacks.
- Off-Piste: Plant-based jerky packed with 45 per cent protein.
- Outback Fudge: Artisan fudge.
- Uncle Charlie’s Tastes of Country: An Aboriginal-owned business providing native Australian ingredients.
- Zea: Natural, cruelty-free personal care, health and wellness products made from native Australian botanicals.